MBP Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Casey01, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Casey01 macrumors member

So I was thinking of getting a case for my Macbook Pro 15". But where ever I look they're all made for the unibody Macbook. Will the case still work for a non-unibody. Mine is a Macbook Pro 1, 1.

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

3. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

They have made cases for your model as I have seen them at my University years ago; I imagine they are still made. You may have to browse a while to find small online companies that Google doesn't display near the front of results and doesn't collect in their shopping search feature. The unibody ones will fit your computer but with a neoprene case, you want a tight fit as it will affect shock resistance and (I believe) level of electrical insulation. My skin is a Tucano Second Skin Folder specifically fit for my computer and to be honest, I personally like it more than the InCase versions which I find to be more expensive and to stretch more over time than other models.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the Tucano Second Skin for my Macbook Pro Unibody too. It also fits my Powerbook G4 which is about 4in smaller.

here is my MBP on top of my PB G4
    [​IMG]

@NickZac I brought my Tucano Second Skin into the Apple store. A lot of people and genius complimented me on the case. They were shocked to find it was cheaper than Incase.

http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=tucano

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Is that a bestskinsever skin I spy on there? For people looking for a hardcase for scratch protection, I can recommend a bestskinsever skin. I did a review on it located here.

Edit: I am not sure if this is of any help to the OP, but I bought a bag (by Brenthaven) for my 13" uMBP, which was designed for the old (non unibody) 13" MacBook.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

lol :eek: no. Its the plastic that it came in. Apple sure makes a Refurb Mac look like new. It had that plastic rapper. :)