MBP Casing Coming apart Issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rskang, Feb 8, 2008.

1. rskang macrumors newbie

Okay This is the current 17" MBP 2.4 Ghz Model and bought it in November. This is mainly a desktop replacement and the issue is I think the casing is coming apart in two places:

1) Top right corner of the LCD Screen (I just Noticed today)
    Problem: The casing is Separating
    2) The right corner of the MBP just above the DVD Drive (I noticed this few months ago but just ignored it)
    Problem: The casing is Bulging up

Maybe I am just being a little Picky here so I Wanted to know The MR members opinion here... Is this Normal? Has this happened to other MBP's? (I know Macbooks have issue here and there). This is still under warranty should I Call Apple if this is not normal.

Let the comments Begin!

Attached Files:

2. itown macrumors newbie

Sorry to see that Dude you definitely have a problem here and it does spoil the good looks of the MBP, Call Apple I am sure they will be able to fix it. They will probably replace the frames if it wasn't caused by a drop or something.

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

are you referring to the grey plastic frame? mine seems to have been a little loose over time as well. i think it's normal as long as the whole thing don't fall apart.

4. rskang thread starter macrumors newbie

This MBP is hardly 3 months old......In case of the screen it seems like the gray plastic frame is splitting away from the aluminum frame hence the gap as if something is expanding inside the screen in that corner

As far as the casing above the DVD drive the plastic is fine but again the aluminum is bulging up other than that all other corners are fine. I think this minor compared to the one on the screen.

5. gotzero macrumors 68040

It is only held in up there by a series of teeth. You can try to shove it in a bit if you are worried about it. Other than that I think it is par for the course.