MBP CD/DVD Burner - Delay on MP3 CDs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by svkrzn, Dec 14, 2009.

1. svkrzn macrumors regular

Hello, i usually burn some mp3s to listen in my car from time to time. The last CD i burned was on my PC. Now that i passed to MBP i tried to burn an MP3 CD and after 3 burns at various speed i noticed that my car's cd player finds difficult to read MP3s burned on my mac. Each song starts after like 15-20 sec delay. Same if i go to list all the songs present on cd, it hangs for like 30sec before showing me the list. Plus there are some strange sounds in each song like a vinil noise. Could that be because MBP does a slightly different MP3 CDs than those made on PC? Or maybe it's my car's cd player that is dieing?

All the songs i burned are 320kbps. I also thought it could be that my car stereo reads only 192kbps max (LOL). Tomorrow i gonna try to play 128kbps and a CD Audio made with the same songs same program (Toast 10) on my MBP.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Personally I've never used iTunes to burn a audio disc.. I know I don't have nay issues with audio/video discs burnt with Toast, just make sure you setup use a compatible speed, as some car stereos are a bit picky.

[​IMG]

3. svkrzn thread starter macrumors regular

I did never say i was using itunes. I use toast and i tried to burn my 52x CDs at 8x and 24x. Same results. On my ex-PC i used to burn at 40X..