MBP Changes Text Size / Pages on its own

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by garyoke, Nov 9, 2008.

1. garyoke macrumors member

What's up with this - new MBP 2.4, and for the past week or so I notice that the text size changes on its own when viewing web pages, as if I had hit command + once or twice.

Occasionally, sites also navigate back one or two windows on their own too (no - I did not have multiple windows open at the time)

Is this a known defect?

I too suffer from a trackpad that occasionally locks up for a few seconds - so waiting for that software update as well...

Still love this MPB, but it's frustrating...

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

A 3 finger swipe will go back or forward on safari, as will pinching resize the text in safari....

...Is it possible that you are accidentally doing these gestures....?

I know that i have shrunk the text or flip a couple of pages by accident.

3. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I think it must have to do with the multi-touch gestures... something is interpreting "zoom" maybe by thinking you're spreading your fingers apart. I haven't used the new MB/MBP touchpad, but I've heard that sometimes it can give unexpected results since it has to determine if one of the "touches" is supposed to be the button, or not. Anyway, it would get annoying to me...

4. Apple addict macrumors member

I have had unintended text size changes occur also but found it was user induced. The issue was when I was using two fingers to scroll down or up on a web page I would sometimes reduce or expand the distance between my fingers at the same time. The result would be page scroll plus text size change.
    Just a matter of getting use to the track pad in my case. I hope that is what is happening in your case as well, because it is an easy fix :)

Gary