Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I normally plug my new MBP in at night before I go to bed so it can charge over night. Is this going to cause any issues? I know the charger is supposed to stop charging (when the light turns green) and maybe just do a trickle charge from there. Is this method of charging okay, or should I be disconnecting it from the charger as soon as it is done charging?

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
I normally plug my new MBP in at night before I go to bed so it can charge over night. Is this going to cause any issues? I know the charger is supposed to stop charging (when the light turns green) and maybe just do a trickle charge from there. Is this method of charging okay, or should I be disconnecting it from the charger as soon as it is done charging?

That is fine you don't have to change a thing.

Csmitte

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Same thing I do, There is an actual battery calibration process, I occasionally do it. There are some who say it is unnecessary see whats right for you.

Cheers

sjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Same thing I do, There is an actual battery calibration process, I occasionally do it. There are some who say it is unnecessary see whats right for you.

Cheers

I believe the calibration aspect of things is just for aesthetics to make the charge/time remaining meter more accurate. I need to do this on mine though just to try it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.