MBP charging problems - green light blinking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ana.la, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ana.la macrumors newbie

So, last night my MBP was working and charging just fine. Today, when I plugged in the magsafe adapter it wouldn't charge, in fact, it was like I hadn't plugged in the adapter. After a while, I noticed sometimes it would charge. Like for maybe 2 minutes with the orange light ok. And then it stops. I've tried resetting the SMC and PRAM and obviously turning the MBP off and on again.
    Since nothing was working, I turned it off and left it alone for a few minutes (the battery was on 32% at the time). I kept checking and sometimes the green light was blinking and sometimes the orange light was on, not blinking. I turned it on a few minutes ago and the battery was at 42%.

System information changes accordingly as the light goes from blinking green to steady orange.

I live in Brazil, so the closest genius bar is a few countries away. I'm here just hoping someone will say it's a magsafe adapter problem and not a motherboard problem (I have an early 2011 13' MBP - with Mountain Lion - so it is already out of warranty).

- just out of curiosity, as I was writing this post, the light went from blinking green to steady orange about 4 times.

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

Try to clean the MagSafe port ,is a magnet so sometimes you get objects trap in there.
    Or try a different charger from a friend.

3. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

OP, its not your logic board. Its a defective power adapter. Contact applecare and they will get you setup with a new adapter under warranty