MBP charging problems - green light blinking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ana.la, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ana.la macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2011
    So, last night my MBP was working and charging just fine. Today, when I plugged in the magsafe adapter it wouldn't charge, in fact, it was like I hadn't plugged in the adapter. After a while, I noticed sometimes it would charge. Like for maybe 2 minutes with the orange light ok. And then it stops. I've tried resetting the SMC and PRAM and obviously turning the MBP off and on again.
    Since nothing was working, I turned it off and left it alone for a few minutes (the battery was on 32% at the time). I kept checking and sometimes the green light was blinking and sometimes the orange light was on, not blinking. I turned it on a few minutes ago and the battery was at 42%.

System information changes accordingly as the light goes from blinking green to steady orange.

I live in Brazil, so the closest genius bar is a few countries away. I'm here just hoping someone will say it's a magsafe adapter problem and not a motherboard problem (I have an early 2011 13' MBP - with Mountain Lion - so it is already out of warranty).

- just out of curiosity, as I was writing this post, the light went from blinking green to steady orange about 4 times.
  2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2009
    Try to clean the MagSafe port ,is a magnet so sometimes you get objects trap in there.
    Or try a different charger from a friend.
  3. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Jan 10, 2012
    OP, its not your logic board. Its a defective power adapter. Contact applecare and they will get you setup with a new adapter under warranty