MBP charging sometimes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bcudd, Dec 19, 2012.

1. bcudd macrumors newbie

My MBP is from late 2011. The battery health is normal, and I had no problems before. One day it randomly decided to not charge. I got a new cord and discovered that wasn't the issue. I did a SMC reset which worked for a few days. It then died while I had it plugged in and wouldn't turn on or charge. I left it plugged in and about 2 1/2 days later it started charging.

I've tried everything I could find so far. Just curious if anyone has any other advice to offer before I decide to finally take it to Apple.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's possible your battery may be failing, although unlikely. Also, see the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. If you rule out the battery and adapter, the other likely culprit is your logic board. Your best bet is to let Apple test and diagnose the source of the problem. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. bcudd thread starter macrumors newbie

I read it all already. The battery health is still normal on my battery. It might just be my logic board. I will be taking it in then. Thank you!