MBP Cisco VPN Connection Lasts 5 Seconds

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sal Collaziano, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Sal Collaziano macrumors regular

Okay, I know there are a number of discussions in regards to this topic.. However, I have a different question.

I have two 17" MacBook Pros.. One is running Leopard and the other is running Snow Leopard. On my Leopard computer, I have no trouble connecting to my company VPN and staying connected. This is using a Verizon Wireless AC595U modem AND/OR using an ethernet connection. On the one running Snow Leopard, I can stay connected with an ethernet cable - but not with the Verizon modem.

What could be the difference? I'm thinking it must have something to do with a new configuration of my new MacBook Pro. Any ideas? I'd really love to keep my old MBP as an emergency backup when the new one is being repaired by Apple. I'd rather not touch it unless I have to. As it stands, I need to use my old computer when traveling if I want to stay connected virtually...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

something is causing the verizon card to break the tunnel.

are you using the latest drivers?

3. Sal Collaziano thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the Verizon Wireless site and looked for the drivers. It's not listed as an option anymore. What I'm afraid of doing is replacing the modem and having it still not work. I get this feeling I'm going to buy a new one and have the same problem. I guess what you're saying is the driver I'm using works fine with Leopard but not with Snow Leopard..