MBP, clamshell mode, Lion and Cinema Display issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moxxey, Jul 25, 2011.

1. moxxey macrumors regular

Has anyone else experienced this?

Using my 13" MBP (2011) with Snow Leopard, I could connect it to my 27" Cinema Display, in clamshell mode, press the space button on my wired external keyboard and a picture would show on the Cinema Display within about 3 seconds.

Since installing Lion, it takes about 15 or more seconds to show a picture on the Cinema Display.

Worse, it then doesn't connect my bluetooth mighty mouse and the only way to get it to connect it to use a wired mouse and to manually ask the MBP to scan for bluetooth devices. It finds the mouse and connects.

I can just about live with the slow reaction of connecting the Cinema Display to the clamshell 13" MBP, but not recognising my bluetooth devices is a massive pain. I don't want to have to find and connect a wire mouse every day!

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have a 27" ACD connected to my 2010 15" i5 MBP in "clamshell" mode and no issues with Lion...the only difference is that I now have to actually click the mouse to get the ACD to awake instead of just moving the mouse (I like the new feature better)...other than that, I've had no issues whatsoever with Lion and the ACD...

3. moxxey thread starter macrumors regular

I've got the option to wake from bluetooth devices turned off. I may have to turn that on and see if it makes any difference.

4. manuelfp macrumors newbie

Overheating

I have a MBA 2010 13" 250GB 4GBRAM connected Cinema Display 27" 2010.

I'm using Lion.

I noticed when connect to cinema display, my temp is 65º Celsius
    When disconnect my temp is 48º - 50º

Does anyone noticed the same?

I think lion requires more video memory.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Indeed...my MBP connected to my 27" ACD can only use the discreet Nvidia card which runs hot and uses far more resources...:eek: