MBP clean and fluff free

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snowydog, Dec 18, 2011.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hey guys

Well I've had my MBP late 2011 for over a month now and I love it. In saying that, I haven't had the time to play about with it much cos of uni assignments.

Anyway, I'm a neat freak, OCD etc lol and I really wanna keep my MBP clean.

Any tips on cleaning the covers etc...I have a few smugdey marks but wanna know the best way to wipe them, cos I don't wanna ruin it.

Also the key - they are quite open, I've noticed, and I don't wanna get a lot of fluff in them. Basically I don't want my MBP turning into my old PC that had marks, scrapes and dust all over it after the 3 yrs.

I was thinking about getting a clear cover...I got one for my iPad - and I think it's great - when I take it off, I can see all the scratches on the cover that I have saved from my iPad.... I like to take it off now and again cos the iPad just feels soooo good with the cover off and on its own but I'm very clumsy and so need to protect it most of the time :D

Anyway - any tips? Any suggestions on cover etc?

Thanks
    :D

2. Elevon macrumors regular

iKlear is a good option to clean your mbp with, although I personally just use a damp glasses cloth (lint-free) to clean off dust and grease on unibody and keyboard surface.

To maintain the 'brand new' look on your keyboard and prevent 'most' dust from going inside it, I'd highly suggest investing some extra on a keyboard skin, Moshi or iSkin is quite popular and has good reputation, but really any would do. You'll be surprised at how much dust and grease the keyboard skin picks up over time! Cleaning is a piece of cake, just simply run the k-skin under the tap and let it dry.

I'm assuming your looking for a hard mbp shell? I've been researching on them lately because I planning to buy one too. Found out that the Spec see-thru cases are quite a good and reliable option to go for.

Someone has made a thread reviewing this case, it's definitely worth a look if you are interested =]
    *click here*

Hope this helps,

3. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

OOoo thanks very much - that's gave me a good start! Thanks for getting back to me :)