MBP clicking noise and battery problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jblack4083, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

My MBP battery is screwed. It's at 155 cycles and 25% health. I've had the laptop for 16 months. I am not sure what's the problem with that and Apple has already said they can't replace it since it's older than a year.

The thing is, my right fan has the noise problem. It sounds like a tiny diesel engine in there. It makes this constant noise that sounds almost as if it's hitting something every rotation. If I hit the notebook the sound goes away for 2 minutes.

You think Apple will fix the fan thing? Or am I also screwed as far as that goes since I don't have AppleCare and my Warranty is up?

2. shadownddust macrumors member

Well if you don't have applecare and you are over your warranty, I don't really see a reason why they would want to fix your fan without you paying, unfortunately. Chances are you will have to pay. :(

3. Jblack4083 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think they'll charge me an arm and a leg?

4. shadownddust macrumors member

I think it really depends on what is exactly wrong with the machine. I've heard of repairs not costing that much, but then I've seen repairs on a screen that were priced at $800. I definitely don't think that it will get anywhere near that, but it might get as high as $100-200.

5. Quagmire1088 macrumors newbie

Quagmire1088

Sounds like you have an off bearing in your fan unfourtunately this may mean a replacement fan which will be pricey