MBP Constant Freezing Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i killed judas., Nov 23, 2008.

1. i killed judas. macrumors newbie

Hello All

I am new here and I am having a serious problem and I am hoping someone may know a fix for it. I have an issue where my MacBook Pro constantly freezes, often times but not limited to when I am running iTunes or viewing streaming video. It is not a simple freeze where the cursor turns into the swirl, but a freeze where everything except the cursor locks up. I cannot click and icons and when I move the cursor to the dock, it does not magnify the applications like it should. I have let it sit for up to 45 minutes in this state hoping that it would eventually go back to normal but that doesn't do anything. I am forced to restart through the power button. It also sometimes happens in clusters where as soon as it restarts and I open an application, it will freeze up again forcing me to restart.

So far to try and fix the problem, I have reset the PRAM, ran MacJanitor, and repaired permissions. None of this does anything. I have also unplugged all external devices like iPhone, external harddrive, printer, etc to see if the problem lies within them, and that also does not bring me any luck.

So I am hoping someone has some ideas/suggestions...this is so incredibly annoying and a huge, huge nuisance.

For what it's worth, I am running the most recent version of OSX Leopard.

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

All I can say is that bringing it to a local Apple Store for repair should fix your problem. Strange problem though. I hope it can be easily fixed.

Cheers