MBP converter function

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RICARDOVASCO, Apr 24, 2012.

1. RICARDOVASCO macrumors regular

Hi all. I had an 2006 Macbook and my GF got an 2008 MBP. They both have the converter function ( weitght, lenght, currency,etc). I bought a new MBP 17". Let me know if there is the same function on my new laptop. It was very good and I used that all the time. Really miss that.

Regards
    Ricardo

2. simsaladimbamba

3. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

You can just use google or use the Unit Converter in dashboard

4. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

Damn. Sorry guys. Now i see that on dashboard options. Is there any option to access it in just 1 click or I need to click on Lauchpad , Dashboard and converter all the time?

5. simsaladimbamba

You could add Dashboard to the Dock, it is inside the Applications folder and you just drag it to the Dock.

6. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. I will do that. Just thought i could click in a button like in Macbook ( old one).. it was in F11.. F12.. don't remember exactly. Anyway, Im gonna add that to the dock.

Thanks

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The F4 key (or fn + F4) should bring up Dashboard in Snow Leopard and earlier, depending on your system preferences. I'm not sure how that changed in Lion.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That's not really the way it works... you can just launch dashboard with hot-key and the convertor will always be open in there.