Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RICARDOVASCO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Hi all. I had an 2006 Macbook and my GF got an 2008 MBP. They both have the converter function ( weitght, lenght, currency,etc). I bought a new MBP 17". Let me know if there is the same function on my new laptop. It was very good and I used that all the time. Really miss that.

Regards
Ricardo

Nov 28, 2010
located
Do you know how to use Dashboard and add widgets?
Because the unit converter is a widget.
2012_04_24_pA1_Dashboard.png

Unless you mean something else.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

RICARDOVASCO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Damn. Sorry guys. Now i see that on dashboard options. Is there any option to access it in just 1 click or I need to click on Lauchpad , Dashboard and converter all the time?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Damn. Sorry guys. Now i see that on dashboard options. Is there any option to access it in just 1 click or I need to click on Lauchpad , Dashboard and converter all the time?

You could add Dashboard to the Dock, it is inside the Applications folder and you just drag it to the Dock.

RICARDOVASCO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
You could add Dashboard to the Dock, it is inside the Applications folder and you just drag it to the Dock.

Yes. I will do that. Just thought i could click in a button like in Macbook ( old one).. it was in F11.. F12.. don't remember exactly. Anyway, Im gonna add that to the dock.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yes. I will do that. Just thought i could click in a button like in Macbook ( old one).. it was in F11.. F12.. don't remember exactly. Anyway, Im gonna add that to the dock.

Thanks

The F4 key (or fn + F4) should bring up Dashboard in Snow Leopard and earlier, depending on your system preferences. I'm not sure how that changed in Lion.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

That's not really the way it works... you can just launch dashboard with hot-key and the convertor will always be open in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.