MBP cooling and MOSHI keyboard protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by filo8818, Mar 19, 2013.

1. filo8818 macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2013
    hello everybody,
    maybe my question could look a little stupid but i just purchased a macbook pro and scared to damage the keyboard i bought also the moshi keyboard protector (the silicon one).

i was wondering: is not creating problem to the cooling system of the mac??

isn't true that the mac is using the holes under the key to cool down??

PS: about the MOSHI: is incredible that a piece of silicon cost 25 euro!!!
  2. nlynch77 macrumors member

Mar 18, 2013
    The keyboard in modern (unibody) MacBook Pros is airtight, in order to prevent liquid spills from damaging internal components. Any heat dissipation through the keyboard is completely consequential.

A more apparent problem is the grease marks the Moshi will leave on the screen. I use an iSkin and it leaves barely visible grease marks on the screen.
  3. filo8818 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks a lot, i was just scared about the cooling cause i read somewhere on the web that is cooling out even from the keyboard. But actually im monitoring the temp og the cpu core and is not raising since i use the cover.

btw im not happy at alla bout moshi, is not so soft as i expect, is really super expensive ( 25 euro is now 32 dollars).

i ll tell you about the grease on the screen..until now i dint notice it, the only cool think is that is soo thin so maybe the ll be not sign on the screen.

thanks a lot again...