MBP cover...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ryans79, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ryans79 macrumors regular

Hey all,
    I recently picked up a new MBP and was thinking of "protecting" it a bit as well as making it look a bit different... and on ebay i found this...
    i wrote to the guy and he tells me its for the MB but it should work with the MBP aluminum, he of course wants to make a sale so cant totally be trusted... what do you guys think?

Worth it or not?

Thanks!
    R

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

no, it won't fit. The 13" MBP is thinner, and has different curves to the MacBooks.

3. ryans79 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, thats what i figured as i have them both side by side but his response gave me doubts... thought maybe it was some type of universal fit :D
    your response confirms my thoughts tho... thanks!

I did find another seller selling one just for my model but am gonna make sure the apple logo is cut out exactly or I wont buy.... will write back here if/when he responds.

Cheers!

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I just bought speck's clear hardshell for my uniMB - fits like a glove - and they say on the website it also fits the 13" MBP. I can see no reason why they would hassle with all those returns if it does not truely fit the MBP.

5. ryans79 thread starter macrumors regular

At $50 each Speck is pretty darn expensive... plus shipping:eek:

For that price i can get roughly 3 covers from different sellers from ebay and i'm pretty sure one will fit... most of them are based in China anyway so I'm willing to put a pretty dollar down in saying they must have ripped of Speck's design and specs :)D) anyway

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Quality with things like this are key. I recommend Incase. If you search around you can find either for cheaper. I payed $35 for my 17" Speck Case. I plan on keeping it for a couple of weeks until the Incase gets released.