MBP cracked/broken/dysfunctional trackpad survey

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dannno, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Dannno macrumors newbie

I'm just curious as to how many people have had issues with their trackpads on these apple laptops.

I currently have a Mid 2010 pro 13"
    Trackpad quit clicking, then started clicking fine again, then suddenly cracked. ended up tearing my middle finger open, and i've got a piece of the glass stuck in there. oh well.

I've gotta write a paper about it for school, and was just wondering if i could survey members from this site and see how many have had issues with their trackpads in general.

Thank you guys very much.

And no, i'm not creating/starting/interested in starting/or want anything to do with a lawsuit for this. its not a big deal for me.

2. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I have a late 2008 with a lot of miles on it. A month ago the track pad started acting flakey false clicks, false selection, no click.... I thought perhaps of the battery expanded but I spun the adjustment screw as shown in a few post here and the pad has been working just fine.

Did I mention how many times this forum has been a life saver to me?

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I can't recall seeing too many trackpad issues. Your target user base is going to be pretty small and you're going to have trouble finding those with issues. Might as well write your paper on something else.