MBP Crackling Speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by windowdrummer, Jul 20, 2010.

1. windowdrummer macrumors newbie

Hey, i know i've been a lot of questions but i'm the paranoid kinda person.

I have noticed that the speakers tend to crackle on certain songs when turned up beyond 50% (perhaps just them rattling due to the volume?). I was wondering if this is an issue or just the standard for any notebook speakers. Yeah I know they aren't very good but I just wanna be sure.

2. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i'm afraid of that happening to my speakers so whenever i want it loud i throw on some headphones :p i would take that route if it's available.

3. windowdrummer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, same here. But it's just a couple of weeks old so I was worried. Seems to be more like rattling. Like when you turn up your speakers too high.

4. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

I believe that what you are describing is a phenomena known as "distortion". A simple solution is to turn the volume down.

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i haven't turned my speakers up too high for a decent amount of time because i'm afraid of ruining them, but i'm sure if i did do it i'd experience the same thing, especially with the kind of music i listen to frequently.

overall i wouldn't worry about it though.

6. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

If the song is not well normalized they will crackle because of freq. saturation...