MBP crash - needs restart all over again

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kralosh, Jul 10, 2008.

1. kralosh macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm quite new to both Mac and Macrumors. I tried to find a solution here before posting, but I didn't find any.
    I have the latest MBP with the latest Mac OS X (all updates installed). I switched it off yesterday and after turning it on today, a message comes up: "You need to restart your computer...". After turning it on/off, it's still the same. I booted from DVD and run Repair permissions and Repair disk utilities and it did not help. I will be mostly grateful for any help as I don't have any backup yet and need the machine up and running. As I said, I'm quite new to the Macs, so please provide specific step-by-step suggestions.
    Thanks!

2. Jimmizilla macrumors newbie

That is definetly a kernel panic... I would say be safe and take it straight to the genius bar at your local Apple Store. I would usually play around with it if it was a regular old kernel panic, but sounds like you're getting one everytime you turn the thing on.

So, take it to the genius bar.

3. kralosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I'm from the Czech Republic - no Apple Store/Genius bar here... Is there anything else I can try before taking it to an unofficial service place?
    (Btw. I have nothing like BootCamp, Parallels etc. installed - no Windows crap on my MBP, asi it seems to be the problem in some similar cases here in the forum.)

4. nyzballa12 macrumors member

Try giving Apple a call since you have no stores nearby?

5. kralosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

Problem solved. It was caused by RAM - I bought new RAMs and it's OK...