MBP crashes my PC :S

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SiP001, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SiP001 macrumors newbie

I don't know if this is a MBP problem, a router problem or a PC problem but something must be wrong. My PC and mac run perfect side by side with the PC wired in to the router and my Mac on wireless UNTIL i put my mac to sleep and wake it again, instantly on the mac waking up, my PC gets the BSOD! I have never heard of this before and I can only deduce that its some sort of network packet being sent by the mac that is glitching the NIC in my PC, has anyone heard of anything like this before? or anyone know a possible fix? Is it possible this is apple secretly sabotaging my microsoft based computer? :p

Thanks

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

That's a head-scratcher. Do you have any information from the BSOD (e.g., the module name would really help)?

It sounds to me like some service that's monitoring network traffic is the culprit. I might try disabling any firewall (Windows and 3rd party), making sure the Apple software is up-to-date (I'm thinking the BonJour service specifically), and possibly even starting the PC in Safe Mode. (If it is a service issue then the PC shouldn't BSOD in Safe Mode.)

-Aaron-