Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I've been experiencing a problem with my MBP (or my Linksys WRT54Gv8 / GSv7) for a while now...

Sometimes, let me stress SOMETIMES, my network will crash... My iPhone can see the network but I get the "Unable to Connect to Network" message. And my MBP not be connected to the internet. I thought it could just be my router, but I have other wireless clients (PS3, Xbox, Printer, iPhone, etc.) that work just fine. But I think my MBP is what is "crashing" my router and forcing me to restart it...

Any ideas?

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I had a similar situation with a Netgear router. I thought maybe the router was finally starting to fail because I've had it for a while. But it happened with a couple routers I bought to replace it as well. So I think it must have been my MacBook Pro not playing nice. I wasn't going to get rid of the MacBook, so I got a Time Capsule instead. Haven't had a single problem since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.