MBP deals?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by landon305, Mar 3, 2010.

1. landon305 macrumors newbie

With the refresh coming soon (hopefully), has anyone gotten any good deals on the current MBP models through best buy or anywhere? Any deals people on this forum have gotten worth sharing?

What is a reasonable price to pay for a 15'' given the expectation of high depreciation as soon as the new models come out (and technically now according to moore's law)?

2. TheStigger macrumors newbie

TheStigger

Tin hat on

Ebay? Just waiting for my credit card to load with funds and away to buy from there. Little to lose as its 100% guaranteed against fraud.

3. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

I don't think Apple discounts their current line to reflect future potential releases of hardware.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Correct, you can however go to the refurb section after a refresh and by the prior generation at a discounted price.

5. phrint macrumors 6502

I don't think you'll see as high of depreciation as you think when Arrandale is released. I picked up a 2.8 15" MBP on eBay for $250 below retail with not tax. Then I received a Bing cashback award of 8% and picked up AppleCare from Apple with a student discount. Can't beat that. Saved $685.00 overall.

6. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Best deal, by far, is the back to school deal. Free printer, free iPod, $100 discount. If you're a student, you'd be silly not to wait till June for this promotion to kick in.

7. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Same with me.. I priced it out that I saved $702 on the 2.8 15" model - Thats taking into account tax/shipping/etc between the 2 deals (Apple vs. ebay/bing).

8. crobar2k macrumors member

9. DctrJ macrumors member

+1 How does this Ebay/Bing thing work? I'd be interested.

10. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

Here's how it was described to me (almost copy/paste):

Go to www.bing.com
    Look for link in upper right corner "sign in"
    click on that link and sign up for a bing.com acct (very easy and free)

When complete, go to Ebay, click on the MacBook Pro item and click on "watch this item". This puts the MacBook Pro in your watched items (if it is already in your watched items, you can skip this step).

Go back to www.bing.com
    Type in MacBook Pro

Go to one of the very first links you see, it will say, "Buy MacBook Pro ... you may get 8% off w/ PayPal if eligible"

Click on that link

That will bring you back to Ebay

Go to the links on the top right side that say, "Buy" "Sell" "My Ebay" "Community" "Help"

Click on "My Ebay"

This will bring up your watched items, including the MacBook Pro.

Click on the MacBook Pro and click on "Buy it now" (this will not complete the transaction, so don't worry ... you still need to confirm the purchase)

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

Look for a little green sign saying "Microsoft Cashback 8% -- US (approx $72)?
    That will let you know it has worked properly.

Then complete the purchase.

You will need to pay the full amount and you will receive a cashback to your paypal acct in 60 days from Microsoft Bing.

11. DctrJ macrumors member

12. chung1q macrumors newbie

can i use this on "bid" also? Thank you!

13. phrint macrumors 6502

Bing cash back is only good for using Buy It Now Only.