MBP delivery time just after this autums update.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrAlbatros, Aug 20, 2008.

1. MrAlbatros macrumors newbie

Hi everybody.

I have a potential problem, and I would like some input. The situation is this, I live in Norway and is hoping to save some money by buying a MBP from USA. My mother is going to New York the first week in October, and by then I was hoping that the new updated version of the MBP has been lunched.
    I was planning on buying a 15" MBP with 4 gb ram from apple.com and have it shipped to the hotel my mother is staying in, but will the delivery time just after an update be so long that a week will be insufficient? Will going in to an apple shop in NY be a better solution? Then the sale tax will be added, but less then 10% isn't that bad a prize to pay for don't having to worry about a package.

Have anybody some thoughts, better ideas or experience with this situation?

I will appreciate answers.

Have a nice day.

2. crobbins macrumors 6502

It's probably a little difficult to say for sure right now since no announcements have been made. I think your best bet would be to go into an Apple Store though. You never know what might happen with the shipping..

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I think I would go to an Apple store in NY and just grab one so that you (or your mother) is sure to have it. I think it would be too risky to let it deliver to the hotel. I guess that the shipping time is usually < 1 week but some unexpected issues arrive usually when you want them the less :)

That's my opinion.

cheers.
    Tex

4. cristo macrumors regular

Are you sure that they will ship products like that to hotels?

5. badgermom macrumors newbie

You should be aware that even if the MBP is shipped, you will have to pay the tax. In the US, if the business has a store in the same state to which the item is shipped, the shipping company must collect the state tax. So, you should definitely get the computer at the store.