MBP Display adapter problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freddy-b, Mar 29, 2011.

1. freddy-b macrumors regular

hey,
    i own a mid 2010 MBP

I have recently purchased a Mini display port to HDMI converter and it worked well, for the first hours then and now.. it just doesn't have signal... i think my mac recognizes it but it doesn't put the image on my external monitor.. :S

any help?

Thanks,
    freddy-b

2. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Make sure you are using the discrete gfx and not the integrated. I've found the integrated doesnt play nice with external monitors.

3. freddy-b, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

freddy-b thread starter macrumors regular

Newbie question.. whats GFX? :S

4. freddy-b thread starter macrumors regular

Its wired cause the MBP screen flashes blue.. when i have the cable plugged in.. but nothin appears on the external display:S

5. Awjvail macrumors 6502

gfx = graphics.

Download gfxCardStatus and set it to use Discrete only. Set it back to Dynamic Switching when you don't need it or else it'll stay on Discrete all the time.

6. freddy-b thread starter macrumors regular

My MBP only has 1 GPU...:S the 320m i tryed GFX and it said.. this dose not work in ur system

7. euphoria47 macrumors member

Did you try "detect displays" from system prefs? Silly as it may sound, a quick restart may be in order. Also, look in sound, see if your machine picks up the hdmi connection as an output. If the computer thinks that something is there (screen is flashing blue) and it shows up in sound, that may add more info for the troubleshoot.

8. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

It is an Apple made converter or some off brand?