Mbp Display Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aiterum, Dec 24, 2010.

1. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

Hello, I have an early 2008 MBP 15" (I think detailed specs are in my signature) and recently (over the last week or so) when I move my laptop display up and down (physically), the screen has this thing where it gets inverted and what not. It is very annoying, and I have been having to constantly fiddle with it everytime I move my laptop around (I use it both as a desktop and as a laptop, so this happens a lot). I recently switched to using it clamshell mode as a means of avoiding this in desktop mode, but occasionally I'll still need to move it around places and what not.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before, or has any ideas as to what might be a better solution. I would take it in for repair, but I don't really have 300+ dollars to spend on a repair right now. I think it might be related to the data cable connection to the display of the computer, since it is rather intermitment, and requires fiddling for the screen to not be inverted/messed up/displaying black lines, etc.

I can post more details about it, pictures or something if that would help any of you geniuses out there as well. Help is appreciated.

2. aiterum thread starter macrumors 6502

aiterum

Here is a picture to kind of show more of what it's doing. sorry, its from my cellphone, don't really have access to a better camera atm

[​IMG]

3. aiterum thread starter macrumors 6502

aiterum

ended up just getting a new display. way too expensive....

4. Steffy15 macrumors newbie

Mac Laptop screen inverts.

Hi I'm now experiencing the same problem, mine started off like yours and took some fiddling to sort it. Now it does it without being touched and I've discovered it takes a good tap/whack on the back of the screen to sort it. Did you find out if it was the cables causing the problem? I've got a 17' Mac Book Pro bout 2006 model.