MBP display.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macdeez, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Macdeez macrumors member

So I bought a new Samsung Syncmaster B2230HD 22" LCD screen which is full HD btw. I want to set up this tv with my macbook and have a clear picture like I do on my mac screen, but everytime i connect them it just turns out to be lower quality than the screen and there are black spaces on the side and i tried everything to make it a full screen but it wouldnt work either.

I'm using a moshi thunderbolt to HDMI wire then connecting it to the HDMI plug in the monitor. I have a VGA wire as well and I was thinking that maybe I could buy the mini display port to VGA cable to try and see if that would work but I'd rather ask here first and see what you guys say.

By the way guys the monitor I have is capable of supporting a full hd picture so... :S

Help! Thank you :D

2. AndreyATC macrumors newbie

Are you sendind correct screen resolution to your Sammy?

3. Macdeez thread starter macrumors member

I tried every single resolution and they're all either zoomed in, or zoomed out and you can't get a proper fullscreen no matter the settings you have on. I tried changing the aspect ratio as well and that wouldn't work so :O

4. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Of the resolution choices, one should 1920x1080 if your tv is "full hd" aka 1080p. Have you tried selecting this?

5. Macdeez thread starter macrumors member

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Try it with another computer, the display may be defective. You're not mirroring the MBP's screen by any chance?