MBP doesn't boot. Blinking power light

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by awesomestanly, Jun 17, 2010.

1. awesomestanly macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I've got my unibody MBP damaged by water recently. It got wet in my backpack while it was in stand-by. So now I'm stuck with not booting laptop.
    While it was drying it tried to boot a few times on it's own :confused:, I didn't try to stop it or do anything except of swiping the water of it. And after 48 hours I have tried to boot it. So it plays chord, flashes the screen to gray and then turns off. Before chord is played the power light turns on, then after some seconds it flashed very fast, then after few more seconds comes the chord and then the screen blinks for a few moments. Any idea what that blinking means?
    I wonder what got damaged in that case, so I could try to get it replaced.
    :(

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. awesomestanly thread starter macrumors newbie

There was a problem with battery for sure. There was no reaction on charge level button on it, so I had removed it (nice sign do not remove the battery was ignored:) ) while it was drying. Then when I put it all together again it showed a half charge. Now it recharged to full again, no boot still. And exactly the same happens with battery unplugged. So it is not the battery. I have tried to boot it with only one of two RAMs, to check it one of them got broken. And the funny thing is that it still did tried to boot on its own two times, while I am typing it.

4. awesomestanly thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, finally after waiting for about 40 minutes more it did boot and proceed to the login. Then I found out that both keyboard and trackpad are not responding.
    So now I need to figure out if it is fixable/replaceable or I need to stick with bt gadgets and better get a new one?:confused: