MBP Download Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Draeyar, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Draeyar macrumors newbie

Hi

I've recently bought a mini display - HDMI connector and plunged in an external monitor to my 2011 MBP.

I run my MBP with the lid closed and displaying onto my ext monitor only. Everything works fine, however when I leave my desk and turn off the ext monitor any downloads I have running stop.

I've set my MBP never to sleep and don't put HDD to sleep, as I usually have it connected to power while working on my ext monitor. I'm also using wifi connection.

Is there something I am missing here? This is getting fairly annoying now, hopefully something i've just missed. Would it help if I connected ethernet instead of wireless?

It seems as soon as i put my monitor into standby it stops the connection :(

Thanks

Draeyar

2. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

The default behavior on lid closure is that the computer will go to sleep. The exception is when it is connected to an external display. When you disconnect the display, the computer goes to sleep. What you need is a program like InxomniaX to keep the computer awake even when the lid is closed.