MBP Downloading speed problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hangil9205, Jul 29, 2011.

1. hangil9205 macrumors newbie

Hi, I bought my MBP around 4 months ago.
    I had some trouble with slow booting speed, but i fixed it through restoring it.

I have another problem.
    Some websites like Youtube, I dont have trouble watching videos and stuff.
    The downloading speed is very good.

However, for some websites like 4shared.com.
    The downloading speed dropped to like couple kilobytes per a seconds.
    It used to be really quick...

I think I did something wrong trying to fix my MBP for speeding up booting time...

What I did before are...

PRAM Reset

SMC Reset

Hardware verifying and fixing through using MacOSDVD
    (However, fixing failed... twice: it showed up "couldn't be repaired after three attempts")

Hardware check through using MacOSDVD.

and I restored with Time Machine.

However, slowing down of downloading speed decreased before restoring with time machine.. so seems like its one of the problems above TM..

What should I do?

PS. My router is fine.
    Its just certain websites.. :(
    (browsing the webs are fine.. but downloading form there is problem..)

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Try different DNS settings, google openDNS etc

3. snow blind macrumors regular

^ this doesn't sound like a problem with your Mac... this sounds like a network problem.

4. killjoys macrumors member

Hahah, first world problems.
    I have the same issue with some file sharing websites (fileserve, filesonic, wupload to name a few), where the downloads would start off at a good speed and eventually slow down to an unreasonable speed, of which would force me to cancel the download itself.

However, I always believed it to be a problem with the actual site and not the computer itself as I often get decent download speeds from sites like Megaupload, Rapidshare and Mediafire.
    Slow downloads from certain sites may also be caused by peak hours when many are downloading from the site at the same time.

If you're finding you are not having problems with sites like Youtube but are having it with particular sites such as 4shared, I think it is safe to say it is not the computer or router and it is the website itself which fails.