MBP Drivebay HDD Caddy Issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atanasd, Dec 10, 2011.

1. atanasd macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I got a HDD caddy replacement for the superdrive in my 15-inch mid 2011 MBP. Everything seems ok, I just cannot figure out how to secure the drive in the caddy. It slides in easily and fits snuggly, but there is no way (that I can figure out) of fixing the drive to the caddy.

All I got in the caddy kit was the caddy itself and some screws.
    I was thinking of drilling screw holes on the bottom of the caddy, but before I do so I would like to be sure that I am not missing out a simpler way of doing it.

Here are some Pictures

Thanks,
    Atanas

2. happle macrumors 6502a

use the same screws that secured the optical drive...

3. atanasd thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you got my question wrong. What I'm wondering is how to secure the HDD to the Caddy.

4. happle macrumors 6502a

ohh. mine had two screws on the back that screwed into the hdd. when i ordered my cheap optibay i made sure i got one that fit correctly and securely. every single one besides the one i ordered either didn't fit right or didn't secure the hdd. luckily i found the one that i did.

i saw someone installing most likely the one that you have and they used fat electrical tape across the hdd and caddy to hold it in place. I'm sure that would work fine, just don't cover the hdd's vents if it has any.

5. visim91 macrumors 6502

can you point me to the caddy that you choose to use?