MBP Durability??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jedivulcan, Mar 24, 2010.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I put my 13" MacBook Pro inside an Incase Neoprene sleeve which I put inside my Incase messenger bag with papers and such. I am generally a skinny person.. so the bag generally is behind me when I walk rather than to the side or at my hip.

The problem is... I noticed some wear along the edges and it's getting worst. I checked the incase sleeve (which the inside is white) and I noticed gray smudging along the lining. It's somehow getting worn away.

I just walk around... my bag bounces around my side... Hasn't been dropped. I don't really leave the apartment maybe twice or three times a week with it.

Has anyone else experienced this??? Any suggestions on how to carry around a MBP???

2. kickFlip macrumors member

If you sling the strap cross-over style (ie. the strap rests on your left shoulder and the bag part hangs over your right hip or vice versa), I'd recommend to keep the bag part at your side and not over your bum-cheek. There is a lot more bounce to the bag when it's resting in the back than on your side. Further, when having the bag to the side rather than back, stabilize the bag by adding a bit of tension to the strap with your bag-side hand. You can counter any larger bounces by adding/releasing tension.

Or, get a backpack. There's a lot less bounce with one.