Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
Hello.
I was wondering if someone has the link that provides what Apple advertised when the laptop was released.

I have a early 2011 13".
I have removed the 500 7200rpm and fresh install on a SSD.
Coconut tells me
Load cycles 66
Design Capacity 5770 mAh
Maximum Charge 5379 mAh

After two hours of web browsing in Chrome (no audio or video stream) I'm down to 30% battery life.
I am on WiFi and max brightness.

Does anyone know of a tool which would give me more info on the battery (realtime while it's in use).
This is my work laptop and our work policy states 45 min + is sufficient. I am debating replacing the battery on my own IF I see big improvement.
I did stick in my own SSD and am upping RAM from 4 to 8 (RAM is on the way).

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Hello.
I was wondering if someone has the link that provides what Apple advertised when the laptop was released.

I have a early 2011 13".
I have removed the 500 7200rpm and fresh install on a SSD.
Coconut tells me
Load cycles 66
Design Capacity 5770 mAh
Maximum Charge 5379 mAh

After two hours of web browsing in Chrome (no audio or video stream) I'm down to 30% battery life.
I am on WiFi and max brightness.

Does anyone know of a tool which would give me more info on the battery (realtime while it's in use).
This is my work laptop and our work policy states 45 min + is sufficient. I am debating replacing the battery on my own IF I see big improvement.
I did stick in my own SSD and am upping RAM from 4 to 8 (RAM is on the way).

Yeah that sounds about right brightness is the biggest battery drain followed by the terrible coding for OSX in chrome it's a known battery hog, you would get 6 -7 hours of browsing at that rate which sounds about right as the 2011 had an advertised battery life of up to 7 hours wifi browsing. Link below

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP645?locale=en_GB

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
I think I'll copy my bookmarks to Safari and try that browser and compare.. I do have 12-18 tabs open at the same time.
;-)
Also thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for and I could not find (I did use the power of google)

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
I put the machine to sleep, and used it today for not too long.
I started with 70% or so and now I'm down to 46%
Activity monitor tells me time until full 2h 15m, time on batt 21m.

(this is with Chrome with 23 static tabs open)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.