[MBP Early 08] Keyboard and Trackpad stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hovitos-way, Mar 18, 2009.

1. hovitos-way macrumors member

Hi,

Today I was working with some work and put my laptop to sleep by shutting the lid. Less than half an hour later I opened it and the keyboard and trackpad were both unresponsive. I tried everything but nothing worked so I shutdown the computer by holding the power button down. I then restarted it and they still wouldn't work so I was unable to login. I have also tried an SMC reset but this was to no avail either. Could anyone give me any support.

Thanks in advance

2. hovitos-way thread starter macrumors member

ok, I just got it to work by taking the battery out and pressing against the ribbon below the battery for a second or two and then powered up with a PMU restart (I'd tried the PMU reset before but that didn't work, so i assume that the problem was with the ribbon).

Should I be worried with this and still take it to an Apple 'Genius' as I planned to before just in case or forget about it?

:confused:

Thanks

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Wait until it happens again. For starters, if it's not happening when you take it in, you won't get much in the way of useful feedback. And, if it never happens again, you won't have wasted the time consulting with the Genius.

4. hovitos-way thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully it wasn't anything and won't happen again.