MBP early 2009/ late 2008

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2018
I accidently got a 2008/2009 MBP - 15”. It has 8gb ram and a 1 TB Hybrid (ick), 2.66 ghz - I thought I was getting a 2015 (maybe bait and switch?)....

So how good is it? This one does seem to get hot with having a few browser tabs open. I also saw the spinning icon a lot. How much would you pay for one, with 1 year warranty? I can get a refund.

Is it slow because of the Hybrid drive? Would it get a LOT better with a SSD? I thought it had an SSD as well. oops

Thank you,

PhilMacbook

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2018
Britain
How did you come to buy something so different to what you wanted? It depends what you want it for but the machine you have won't run Mojave.

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2018
ebay misrepresentation - they actually changed the post info after I bought it....

Well I did say that browsing the web with several tabs open made it hot and it was pretty slow if I opened things like “about Mac” or whatever it is called. I pretty much only had safari open unless I was checking out spec stuff etc (see how it was funchtiong).

Reactions: PhilMacbook

macagain

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2002
Don’t even bother to keep it for that price. Send it back.
A ten year old MacBook is worth max 200.
Yes, definitely send it back. And definitely notify ebay of this fraud, and it is fraud! Don't let the crooks get away with it. You should have all the email confirmations of what you actually bought.

Reactions: PhilMacbook
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.