MBP Early 2010 C2D is slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itstheo54, Jul 23, 2013.

1. itstheo54, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013

itstheo54 macrumors newbie

I have a MBP Early 2010 with core 2 duo. I only use it for listening to music, internet and thats basically it, however it is soooooo slowwwwwww. I really think this machine should last more than just 3 years, correct? Is there anything I can do to so call "clean it up?" It still has half the HD empty...

2. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

3. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

I have or now my on has a 2010 MBP C2D and it still runs fine, though I admit I stuffed a OCZ SSD in it a year or so ago as the HDD was giving me the poops and kept corrupting.

How much RAM have you got also as I found even surfing the net with only 4GB slow going, basically you can buy a SSD for $150AUD and RAM for $30 or so and that should last another couple of years at least.

----------

Sorry also make sure you've updated all your software too.

4. itstheo54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Everythings updated with Mountain Lion. I got 4GB max for the 13inch. Maybe i shouldn't leave it on a week at a time?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's fine to leave it on for even longer. Many use their Macs for months without shutting down, just using sleep mode when not in use. It may help to restart your Mac from time to time.

If you're having performance issues, this may help:

6. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

The max you can put in is 8GB, that's what my son's has got and as I said as an upgrade it's cheap as chips, I found I had no issues after that.:)