Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itstheo54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I have a MBP Early 2010 with core 2 duo. I only use it for listening to music, internet and thats basically it, however it is soooooo slowwwwwww. I really think this machine should last more than just 3 years, correct? Is there anything I can do to so call "clean it up?" It still has half the HD empty...

Last edited by a moderator:

lobeyonekenobi

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I have or now my on has a 2010 MBP C2D and it still runs fine, though I admit I stuffed a OCZ SSD in it a year or so ago as the HDD was giving me the poops and kept corrupting.

How much RAM have you got also as I found even surfing the net with only 4GB slow going, basically you can buy a SSD for $150AUD and RAM for $30 or so and that should last another couple of years at least.

----------

Sorry also make sure you've updated all your software too.

itstheo54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I have or now my on has a 2010 MBP C2D and it still runs fine, though I admit I stuffed a OCZ SSD in it a year or so ago as the HDD was giving me the poops and kept corrupting.

How much RAM have you got also as I found even surfing the net with only 4GB slow going, basically you can buy a SSD for $150AUD and RAM for $30 or so and that should last another couple of years at least.

----------

Sorry also make sure you've updated all your software too.

Everythings updated with Mountain Lion. I got 4GB max for the 13inch. Maybe i shouldn't leave it on a week at a time?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Everythings updated with Mountain Lion. I got 4GB max for the 13inch. Maybe i shouldn't leave it on a week at a time?
It's fine to leave it on for even longer. Many use their Macs for months without shutting down, just using sleep mode when not in use. It may help to restart your Mac from time to time.

If you're having performance issues, this may help:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.