Hello and good afternoon to everyone! I am currently in a dilemma (A great problem to have I'm guessing although it is frustrating lol) I currently have an Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15' Processor - 2 GHz Inter Core i7 RAM - 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM Storage - 500GB SATA Disk (217 used) Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB System - Currently running 10.10.3 About 6 days ago I purchased the 1599$ Retina Macbook 12' Processor - 1.2 GHz Core M Processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.6 GHz) RAM - 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 Memory Storage - 512 GB PCIe Storage Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 5300 System - 10.10.5 Sp my dilemma is that after reading so many threads abut the upcoming rMBP's and rMB's with Skylake and new design many be for rMBP's I want to see if anyone thinks if I should upgrade the 15' to make it usable or stick with the rMB that I just purchased seeing that I still have another 8 days to decide if id like to keep it or not. Now, the problem is like I mentioned above, the 15' 2011 MBP that i have now is so so slow that it is unbearable and I know that is because its old and has only 4gb of ram and an old hard drive that is almost half full. So I figured I could get some good opinions here seeing that this is Macrumors and usually the forums here have never failed to help me make the correct smart decision. I am choosing between the rMB and the 13' rMBP because I absolutely want retina after seeing the new rMB screen for 6 days the 2011 MBP 15' screen looks like it is from the 50's and its hard to look at even though I would sacrifice using it if the smart thing to do is wait. I want to know if anyone can direct me with how to upgrade the 15' MBP and with what exactly to make it run as fast as I can make it run as Cost effectively as possible seeing that Ill be upgrading in a few months anyways if i do decide to wait for the new round of machines. I don't care about anything on the Laptop and I can just back it up now to an external hard drive and delete everything on it as well. But i don't think just doing that will help this thing at this point. It absolutely needs upgrades. If the new rMBP is redesigned and skyline helps even 10% and its a little more portable I would definitely wait IF, and only IF, its possible to make the 2011 MBP fast enough to keep me going. I don't know what to use to upgrade or how to do it but if I am pointed in the right direction by others who have done so and can stand by their products I would gladly do it on my own and buy new hardware for it. My uses are not heavy photo or video editing but I would like to have a little extra power because I do use it for my 2 business for inventory and Invoiced on quickbooks and I ay start using Filemaker or a new Inventory and Invoice system soon if the computer can handle it. So i need something reliable as all of my business info will be on this machine and I go from Home to my first place of work until 3 then to the next place until about 10PM so it needs to be portable as well (the 2015 rMBP 13' to me is considered portable enough and I would not mind carrying it to both locations everyday if need be) Sooooooooo.................. Upgrade the RAM and Hard Drive on the 2011 15; MBP or.................. Keep the rMB i purchased 6 days ago which hasn't been slow at all and is fulfilling my needs (The future of it scared me though and if it will still be powerful enough year or two down the line) or.................. Exchange the rMB for the new 13' rMBP with 256 GB Hard Drive and call it a day. If the 2011 can be upgraded at a fair price and work fast enough again I wouldn't mind it for a few Months. Thank you all for your help!!! ps. (included 2 photos of my 2 macs and my Apple Watch SS just for s***'s and giggles and to show how crazy the difference is in size haha) If TL;DR Should I - upgrade my 2011 15'MBP 2 GHz intel core i7 4gb ram 500gb SATA hard drive with new RAM and a new Hard Drive I can just backup whats on it now and delete, and wait for the new Skylake processors in either the new rMB or the new rMBP 13' or - Keep rMB i just purchased upper level specs 1.2GHz 8gb ram 512 PCIe hard drive or - Exchange rMB for new rMBP 13' 256 Hard drive option Uses: 2 Business one which i use excel for formulas and cosmetic formulations and the other which i use quickbooks for inventory and invoices and will start to use filemaker although Ive never used it and don't know if any computer can run it or if it needs more power than the rMB i just bought 6 days ago. So i have 7-8 more days in my return or exchange period to decide what to do. I love the keyboard on the rMB and the screen and portability but the 13' rMBP is not too heavy for me and I don't mind using it THANKS GUYS!!!