mbp early 2011 usb hub problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kino, Jul 8, 2011.

1. kino macrumors newbie

Need help. I have a very strange problem and i dont know is it a problem only with my mbp and i should send it to service or its overall problem.

The thing is mbp 15" have 2 usb ports and i whanted to extand it with USB hub with own power support, problems comes 4-5 a day the mbp just shutdown all usb ports turn off the build in keyboard and touchpad but still works when i pull of all usb cables from it after 1-2 min it comes to normal and i can put the cables again until it occure again.

I tested it with couple USB hubs and its the same:/ passive or active no matter.

Please help because its very frustraiting 2 ports is no enough for me and this switch off is pain in the ass

2. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

How about trying a non-powered USB hub?

Just a random thought, but give it a try.

3. kino thread starter macrumors newbie

tryied that passive is without own power up:/

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Personally I find two USB ports plenty on my MBP, for me it was a matter of using BlueTooth, Firewire & Ethernet when possible.

What sort of USB devices are you connecting?

5. kino thread starter macrumors newbie

It all dependes what u need or u work on. I tryied 5 USB Hubs one my and 4 from my friends wich also work on MBP but late 2010 and they work, 3 of them are made in china (one of them is my) and 2 of them some dlink and 2nd cant remmber the name but also from hi-end

6. kino thread starter macrumors newbie