MBP Ebay value????

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adamzx3, Sep 14, 2007.

1. adamzx3 macrumors regular

adamzx3

I have a 2ghz macbook pro ,2GB ram, with a 80GB hardrive and was wondering how much its worth? I want to try and get $1500 from it, is the reasonable? I've been watching on ebay and some go a little more and some a little less. It works great, babied and hardly left my desk, gotta get the fan fixed first one is rattling.

Selling it to get a new mac pro...still waiting on the refresh:D

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. adamzx3 thread starter macrumors regular

adamzx3

Thanks I was pretty close, it came in at $1400 I could live with that.

They also priced a powermac quad with 2gb ram at 1600, I wish I could find one like that!

4. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Not to burst your bubble, but no, mac2sell is not reasonable at all. Neither are any other of the Mac resale sites. They seriously had a 15'' Powerbook 1.5 ghz resale at $1,150-1,200 like last week, and they don't even go for $750 on eBay.

To put it in perspective, I just got my 15'' 2.2 ghz/2 gb/120 gb Macbook Pro (Santa Rosa) for $1,640 shipped off eBay, brand new, sealed in box. Yes, I got an incredible deal, but you'd really be lucky to get $1,100-1,200 after fees on eBay for your machine. If you sold it locally on CL, you could TRY to get $1,300, but I think it's quite a long shot. Locally where I live, a normal 2.16 ghz/1 gb/120 gb 15'' Macbook Pro is going for around $1,300. You're probably in the $1,150-$1,200 area, if you're lucky.

Just trying to keep your expectations in line...

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well results can certainly vary. The site told me I could get about $500 for my old iBook, and yet I sold it for $600 so things worked out nicely for me.

6. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

It priced my G3 iMac at $250. Thats more than how much it would cost if I picked one up on craigslist and did the upgrades myself!

7. adamzx3 thread starter macrumors regular

adamzx3

hmm that stinks :mad: lol I wonder why their powermacs are under priced for ebay, and MBP is lower....must not hold the resale value as well.

Do you know anywhere to list a macbook pro other than ebay? I might try some photoshop/photography forums.