mbp efi lock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edokassiah, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edokassiah macrumors newbie

well guys i bought a used mbp from a person on the local classifieds craigslist i know
    stupid me i only powered it on saw the apple logo and i figured awesome it works powers on etc never make that mistake again
    also the guys who i was dealing with looked shady so i wanted to be out of thee as quick as possible

when i get home i got the dreaded pin lock screen once booted inside osx and when trying to boot from the cd rom etc

now im not a complete noob so to speak but after watching a few videos and reading up on this

on most mbp efi stuff is stored on an atmel attiny13 chip as i just so happens ive dealt with programming attiny series chips a long time in school and being a pack rat that i am i kept my programmer and my clip as seen on many utube videos

anyone have experience as the programmer i have only lets you program hex files how do i extract or crate a hex file from the firmware download

or is there a programmer i can make?

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You can't really ask this here on MR for reasons you yourself can think of.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Requests to hack/crack through the EFI are not permitted here, as justperry mentioned.

I know its too late, but consider that the next time you purchase a computer you turn it on and try it out before exchanging money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.