MBP Energy Saver>Dual Graphics Car Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jazz1, Apr 2, 2009.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I'm not the sys. adm. of this MBP. I can't access the radio buttons in Energy Saver because I'm not the Sys. Adm. I thought I saw some way to give non-administrators access to sys. prefs. through Parental Controls? I'd really like to be able to use this feature without blackmailing the IT Sys. Adm. ;)

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

the admin has to set that up for you. the privileges for user's is highly customizable.

3. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

Thanks! I do you have any thoughts of where that customization is?

I assume under system prefs. Users? Does it have anything to do with Parental Controls. I'm fooling around with my MacPro desktop and haven't stumbled on this kind of "granular" control. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Okay, under Parental Controls I found "Check the applications to all"> "other">"System Prefs". Geez, In the past I could add applications as long as they didn't need a Sys. Adm. I guess if Parental Controls are on I wouldn't be able to do that if the new app. didn't already appear in this area and was checked by the Sys. Adm.

I'm going to call Apple tomorrow to see if there is a work around without using Parental Controls. Having the dual graphics card feature locked up seems silly to me.

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

in the parental controls>applications>other>system preferences. all you have to do is check the box and you will be able to access the energy saver option.