MBP + eye strain

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roofz, Apr 24, 2012.

1. roofz macrumors regular

Today i spent about 45 minutes at best buy playing with the 15" MBP, and i really enjoyed the speed and responsiveness of the computer. I liked almost everything about it, but there is one thing that I cannot deny: My eyes really hurt after the 45 minutes of use. I was planning on buying the 2012 15" mbp whenever the refresh came out, but if this eyestrain is a permanent thing then that's a deal breaker for me.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something that you get used to?

I am coming from a pretty old MBA, so could the eyestrain be caused by the glossy screen?
    :confused:

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Hmm. I use my MBP at least 8 hours per day and haven't experienced eye strain. Up until 2 months ago I was on a glossy display, currently on a non glossy.

Perhaps it was the individual system you were test driving?

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Perhaps there was too much glare in the store. In any case it is available with a anti-glare (matte) display. I have that -- it's generally only available in Apple Stores or on-line. I also have "computer glasses" that focus for computer screens. I use computers all day (my MBP and iMac and a dual-monitor Windows machine) and don't have any problems with any of them, but do if I only have my conventional glasses.

4. Ohrstrom macrumors 6502

Ohrstrom

The cost increase for an anti-glare screen could be worth it unless youre right on the limit expenditurewise. Also, as mentioned lighting in these kind of stores can be rather annoying at times. So perhaps a home environment with more suitable lighting is another matter. :)