MBP fan and charging question....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heythequickness, Aug 10, 2007.

1. heythequickness macrumors newbie

Hey, for those of you with MacBook Pros, I have a question. Whenever I plug my MBP to be charged and use it while it is charging, the fans always climb up to around 4000 rpm and more, even if I'm just browsing the internet or doing things that are not CPU intensive. The RPMs are fine and controllable when it is fully charged and running off the power adapter, also while running off battery power. This fan situation only exists when I am using it while it is charging.

Is this normal for the MBP to do? Do any of you have this happen to you?

I will be calling apple care tomorrow about this, but I just wanted to see here first if this happens to anybody else or just me... or if it something to worry about. Thanks!

P.S. the temps while charging are not hot at all...45 degrees constantly

2. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Yes, it seems to happen often. When charging, the memory control temperature rises triggering the fans. After several minutes, the fans drop down to around 2500 RPM.

3. heythequickness thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh! Well thats good to know ( I guess ) that its not just me. So I suppose that it is nothing to send it in to apple about?

4. le sacre macrumors regular

sometimes

this happens to me occasionally. i wonder if it might be more likely to happen when the battery is nearly empty? haven't noticed it in a while.