MBP Fan Noise

Dannyd534

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Hey Guys, This recently started about 1 week ago.

I used to game on it, so i had/have smcFanControl and usually run it at max speed so the computer can keep cool (haha keep cool, can sizzle eggs on it). So ive stopped playing games on it, and when the computer gets hot, the fans just start running on max. After about 1-2 hours of the computer being idle, it will start making this racket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIgUATETmy8

I have a 3 year warranty, should i bring it in, or is this a quick fix...

Also posted this on Mac-forums.com too..

b01189

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2009
South Florida
Judging by your video on Youtube it sounds like your fan is either warped or you have blown out your motor for it. I have seen both my school required you buy a MBP and people have had both issues...

I would take it to apple you have the warranty this isn't going to be a quick fix sorry...

Comment

Dannyd534

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Judging by your video on Youtube it sounds like your fan is either warped or you have blown out your motor for it. I have seen both my school required you buy a MBP and people have had both issues...

I would take it to apple you have the warranty this isn't going to be a quick fix sorry...
OK Thanks bud...

Comment

Hydroxs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
Atlanta
My left fan had a similar noise and since my warranty ran out, I bought a new fan for $50 and replaced it myself. It wasn't hard but you are going to have to open up the mbp and move some wires that are connected to the logic board.

Comment