MBP fan too noisy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drewjonn, May 17, 2016.

1. drewjonn macrumors regular

I just bought the most recent 15" rMBP a while ago, so I didn't really care about my old 2011 MBP 13" (wrote this thread using it) but since I use it even more than my new rMBP, I start to think that this should be fixed.

I use only Spotify and Google Chrome on most occasions, and its fan is pretty loud especially when I'm using it on my bed. Even sometimes on the table, couldn't imagine how would it do if I add one more app like Office app. but yeah I call it my Netflix bud since I purchased the strong 15" rMB

Is it fixable? Would an SSD help reducing the CPU usage and therefore fan cooling? Nevertheless, switched my RAM from 4gb to 8gb, so it is either SSD or switching the MBP overall to the fanless rMB or iPP. but wouldn't it be great if I can save up another grand of entertainment device?

*spilled my wine as I was writing this, trackpad moves without command, the MBP gets slower, and the wine actually got into the keyboard. Screwed?

2. squarebreathing macrumors member

squarebreathing

Sorry, but that wine is probably the final nail in the coffin for that 2011 MBP. I don't know what was going on before, but any spillage is going to wreak havoc on the system. Get a case for your new rMBP

3. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

That's not true at all. I've cleaned spills out of numerous MacBook Pros/Airs and a lot of them work fine.