Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
About how much would you think its gonna cost me?

Before you go running off and paying a boat load to fix your MBP, you can try what i did when i dropped my MBP.

Basically, i closed my laptop and looked to see where it was misaligned. I then used my wallet and pushed the screen into alignment. A repair might be pretty costly so its worth a try.

**I don't take responsibility if you break something by applying too much force. This is just how i fixed my grinding problem after i dropped my MBP.

rmlred

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Rockwell, NC
Before you go running off and paying a boat load to fix your MBP, you can try what i did when i dropped my MBP.

Basically, i closed my laptop and looked to see where it was misaligned. I then used my wallet and pushed the screen into alignment. A repair might be pretty costly so its worth a try.

**I don't take responsibility if you break something by applying too much force. This is just how i fixed my grinding problem after i dropped my MBP.

Its pretty bad, I don't think you can tell from the picture because its from my phone, but I'm just going to take it to the Apple store and see what they say.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
might as well just deal with it. I can't really see where the damage is on the picture, but Apple won't simply hammer it out while you wait in store (too easy). You'll have to replace the affected component, which is either the bottom case (read:$$$) or the entire display housing (read:$$$$$$$$$)

Bnikel160

Aug 8, 2010
Apple wont fix it under warranty because it is accidental damage, I would however take it in to see how much it would cost to fix, maybe they can bend it back for free, I cant really tell in the picture how bad it is but you might as well try and find out, some guy quoted they wanted 600 to fix a dent in the top shell so im not really sure what they will ask for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.