MBP fell, Something is not right

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmlred, Aug 8, 2010.

1. rmlred macrumors regular

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Apple will repair it, but not for free under warranty.

3. rmlred thread starter macrumors regular

About how much would you think its gonna cost me?

4. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Before you go running off and paying a boat load to fix your MBP, you can try what i did when i dropped my MBP.

Basically, i closed my laptop and looked to see where it was misaligned. I then used my wallet and pushed the screen into alignment. A repair might be pretty costly so its worth a try.

**I don't take responsibility if you break something by applying too much force. This is just how i fixed my grinding problem after i dropped my MBP.

5. rmlred thread starter macrumors regular

Its pretty bad, I don't think you can tell from the picture because its from my phone, but I'm just going to take it to the Apple store and see what they say.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

might as well just deal with it. I can't really see where the damage is on the picture, but Apple won't simply hammer it out while you wait in store (too easy). You'll have to replace the affected component, which is either the bottom case (read:$$$) or the entire display housing (read:$$$$$$$$$)

7. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

The price to fix it will probably be close to the amount to purchase a new one.:(

8. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

well there is really only one way to find out >_<

9. Bnikel160 Guest

Apple wont fix it under warranty because it is accidental damage, I would however take it in to see how much it would cost to fix, maybe they can bend it back for free, I cant really tell in the picture how bad it is but you might as well try and find out, some guy quoted they wanted 600 to fix a dent in the top shell so im not really sure what they will ask for