Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott85213

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2007
I bought my MBP for school in mid-June and the finish is coming off on the left palm rest. It seems to be a purple-ish color underneath. Would this be covered under Applecare? I plan on calling them in the morning to see.

EDIT: oops, please move this to the MBP forums.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
I was under the impression the case was made from solid alumninum, so it shouldn't be purple underneath. More likely something reacted with the metal casing.. I don't know what would turn it purple though.

Give them a call. See what happens, can't hurt right?

gonnabuyamac

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
I bought my MBP for school in mid-June and the finish is coming off on the left palm rest. It seems to be a purple-ish color underneath. Would this be covered under Applecare? I plan on calling them in the morning to see.

EDIT: oops, please move this to the MBP forums.

Yeah, that has to be a reaction of some sort. the palm rest area is entirely aluminum (though the little strip directly under the keyboard is painted plastic i believe).

I would contact Apple and see what they say.

Oh, and stop drinking grape kool-aid when you're using your computer. :D

scott85213

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2007
The only thing that's could ever be there would be sweat from my palm, that's about it.

I tried calling them and was hold forever, then got disconnected. Kind of put me in a bad mood, so I'll call later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.