MBP "First batch" problems!

will eth

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
I am hopefully buying a macbook pro 13 inch next week and I am having second thoughts. When macs are refreshed are they improved later on during their life cycle? Are the "first batch" up to standards, or are they usually full of problems? I am definately getting one during this cycle, should i get it now??
Thanks very much:D

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
This cycle isn't much different from the previous ones and so far the reviews have been outstanding. I'd say go for it now!

Tabris82

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
Manchester CT
This thread title is deceptive.

Ending the title with an '!' speaks that you want to shed light on a problem you have detected and it is urgent... It would have been better to end the title with a '?' as you are asking IF there are problems.

(No, I love my new MacBook)

Deeps

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Nottingham, UK
Even if there were any issues It's under warranty and you can take it back to an apple store for exchange / repair.

It's worth getting one now :)

will eth

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
This thread title is deceptive.

Ending the title with an '!' speaks that you want to shed light on a problem you have detected and it is urgent... It would have been better to end the title with a '?' as you are asking IF there are problems.

(No, I love my new MacBook)
Hmmm indeed, you are so clever. Tell me, if there was a question mark instead, would you have visited this thread? Probably not. Are you insulted that i decieved you so easily?

negatv1

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2005
MI
Kind of silly to consider this a first batch... It's never going to be the perfect safe time to buy anything. If you need a new machine, buy it. If it breaks, use the warranty.

jakku

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Maby someone who have problems with 13" can post pic of sticker with numbers of part ? You can find it on the MBP box on the bottom !
If someone have good copy of MBP, please post too, but write if it good one.

Last edited:

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
I have been seeing a rise in people posting saying their new macbook is having issues, I don't remember so many when the original i5 was released.

will eth

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Kind of silly to consider this a first batch... It's never going to be the perfect safe time to buy anything. If you need a new machine, buy it. If it breaks, use the warranty.
Ok i apologise, it was just my way of voicing the question really as it is the first batch of apple computers with the sandy bridge cpu.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I have been seeing a rise in people posting saying their new macbook is having issues, I don't remember so many when the original i5 was released.
It's been like this every product cycle, and every product on this forum. People listening for things, examining with a microscope.. calls that Apple's quality has disappeared, etc.

And the thermal paste thing is always big with the notebooks, like it's never happened.