MBP "First batch" problems!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by will eth, Mar 3, 2011.

1. will eth macrumors member

I am hopefully buying a macbook pro 13 inch next week and I am having second thoughts. When macs are refreshed are they improved later on during their life cycle? Are the "first batch" up to standards, or are they usually full of problems? I am definately getting one during this cycle, should i get it now??
    Thanks very much:D

2. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

This cycle isn't much different from the previous ones and so far the reviews have been outstanding. I'd say go for it now!

3. Tabris82 macrumors member

Tabris82

This thread title is deceptive.

Ending the title with an '!' speaks that you want to shed light on a problem you have detected and it is urgent... It would have been better to end the title with a '?' as you are asking IF there are problems.

(No, I love my new MacBook)

4. Deeps macrumors regular

Even if there were any issues It's under warranty and you can take it back to an apple store for exchange / repair.

It's worth getting one now :)

5. will eth thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm indeed, you are so clever. Tell me, if there was a question mark instead, would you have visited this thread? Probably not. Are you insulted that i decieved you so easily?

6. negatv1 macrumors 6502

Kind of silly to consider this a first batch... It's never going to be the perfect safe time to buy anything. If you need a new machine, buy it. If it breaks, use the warranty.

7. jakku, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

jakku macrumors newbie

Maby someone who have problems with 13" can post pic of sticker with numbers of part ? You can find it on the MBP box on the bottom !
    If someone have good copy of MBP, please post too, but write if it good one.

[​IMG]

8. altecXP macrumors 65816

I have been seeing a rise in people posting saying their new macbook is having issues, I don't remember so many when the original i5 was released.

9. will eth thread starter macrumors member

Ok i apologise, it was just my way of voicing the question really as it is the first batch of apple computers with the sandy bridge cpu.

10. brentsg macrumors 68030

It's been like this every product cycle, and every product on this forum. People listening for things, examining with a microscope.. calls that Apple's quality has disappeared, etc.

And the thermal paste thing is always big with the notebooks, like it's never happened.