MBP for college. HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robbya725, Feb 24, 2011.

1. robbya725 macrumors newbie

I'm new the forums. For the past 3 years or so I've had a 15-inch MBP until it broke recently. I'm going to college next fall, and I'm looking to buy the new MacBook Pro that will be easy to carry around and will last me for all 4 of my years.

Which type of MBP would you recommend? It will be between the high end 13-inch or the two different 15-inch computers. On Apple's website I've also noticed that you can upgrade individually the processor, memory, hard drive, and display no matter which size computer you pick. I need to know if any of these upgrades will help the computer last through all of college.

Thanks

2. robbya725 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, would it be worth it to upgrade to a SSD hard drive? I've heard it increases durability.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Depends on what you plan to use it for and your budget. For most people, the 13 is more than enough.

As far as SSD, dont buy from Apple. Do some research and get it from somewhere else. It technically is more durable than a standard HDD. But also more expensive. The main thing isn't durability, but speed. If youd like your computer to boot up in 10 seconds, there's no other way to do it.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

any of those MBPs will last you through college ... even without upgrading them