MBP for live shows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gaura Mohana, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Gaura Mohana macrumors regular

Hi there
    We= ISKCON/Hare Krishna's
    I have a 2 month old MBP 13' that i hope to take to me to to the Festival
    Every year, We hold a festival on the coast of poland for around 2 months. We have shows around 6 days a week, and Pryzsantek woodstock (on the border of germany) in the middle
    Last year I was helping out with the Mixing Desk (i was totally new to it), and My friend who is a expert taught me quite a bit.... This year he might now come
    Anyways - we have a 5-6 hour program daily, with Hi-Tech equipment - Really good speakers, Pre-Amp - everything
    Normally we have a SD card music player on the deck, and we select the Track for the current event, and play it from there to the mixing desk - as a backup we used my friends Macbook Pro 2006.
    This year I hope to do the sound - and I was wondering if maybe i should try using the 2010 MBP to play the music from...
    Here's an example of what we do
    4:30PM - MC on stage
    4:35 - Dance 1 -xxxxx.mp3
    4:50 - Dance 2 -ssssss.mp3
    and so on.... With the MC on between every single event..
    Every day has a different order of events, and last year we just picked the tracks from the computer - no list - the list was on paper
    So is there any program i can get to simplify the process?
    Example - In the morning i set up the list of tracks for the day
    I come to the festival
    plug the mac in via male-male cable into the mixing desk, and open program
    It knows whats first, etc.. it also does NOT jump to the next track after the first one is done - maybe does something else usefull

btw the setup is in the attached picture.

Attached Files:

2. Gaura Mohana thread starter macrumors regular

isnt there anyone here who has a suggest for a program or something?

3. ender land macrumors 6502a

You could try using an iTunes playlist, select all songs, and "uncheck selection" - this stops iTunes from playing songs unless you manually tell it to?

Maybe manipulate track numbers or some other characteristic of the songs so you can order it by song in the correct order (maybe the Comments field).

Might experiment with that to see if it'll meet your need.