MBP freezes after new SSHD install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chaney3000, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Chaney3000 macrumors newbie

Ok, I have a 2007 MBP. Issue started because it froze up (some lines show up on the mouse pointer and then it freezes in place) and then after hard restart, it wouldn't go pass the grey screen. I reloaded the OS. It worked for about 20 minutes then same thing freeze and fan stayed running. Took it to the apple store and they said the hard drive is probably going out.

Fast forward to now, installed a new seagate SSHD. And while loading new OS (snow leopard) I got as far as the portion where it asks for you to take yoir picture and it froze again.

It said, a disc was ejected incorrectly and then it froze up with the fan running. Same as before.
    Any help, would be greatly appreciated as I am frustrated beyond belief.

2. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

Sounds like a RAM issues I suggest you test your RAM sticks out first before you try anything else.

3. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I'd say it sounds more like a bad HDD cable based on the drive being "ejected" incorrectly, which means the HDD was disconnected. There's no reason for that to happen under normal circumstances and since you replaced the drive only to have the same problem I would suspect the cable is the problem, at least that's the best place to start. Bad RAM won't cause drives to "eject" randomly.

4. Chaney3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. So, possible RAM issue or HDD cable. I will replace both

5. Chaney3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so I have replaced the HD and the HD cable. Now, I'm having trouble loading the OS. It will not load from the install dvd. I have held C on startup as well as holding the option key during start up and selecting the install dvd but nothing.

Please help

6. robvas macrumors 68020

Lines around the mouse cursor sound like a dying video card.