MBP freezes when waking from sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hard-Hat-Mac, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

Hey all,

Once yesterday and once today my MBP has frozen up after i close the lid it goes to sleep and then when i move it and open it some where else the screen is on and frozen i have to hard restart and it takes FOREVER to restart.

I've verified disk permissions and it says there are no problems. I repaired it anyway but it still happens. Also, now my wifi internet is being slugish. i have verizon FiOS.

Any thoughts would be helpful i do have apple care but wanted to see if it was something i could take care of my self.

Thanks,
    HHM

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

What hardware do you have connected? Any USB mics?

Mine does exactly the same thing when my Blue Snowball USB mic is connected.

3. tsd macrumors regular

MBP's have had some trouble with wake-from-sleep. The first thing I'd do is make sure you're up to date with Software Update (found up in the Apple Menu). Apple recently put out a Firmware update for MacBook Pros that suposedly fixed this issue.

4. Hard-Hat-Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all but, no microphone in use - just midi keystation every once in a while and it wasn't connected during the freeze. Also i have all my software up to date including the recent firm ware update.

not sure what's going on...